Bassetlaw Hospice would like to work more closely with local schools. Schools play an important role within our community and partnerships with them will benefit us all, for example by providing projects for citizenship classes. We are currently seeking senior schools to participate in our Enterprise Challenge taking place in the 2015/16 academic year.
If you are a teacher and would like to involve your class or school in fundraising activities we can offer you lots of help and advice. Alternatively you can have a look at our Checklist for Organising Events for some inspiration. If you would like to discuss some ideas or need further advice please contact Debbie Rawlings, our Community Fund Raising Co-ordinator on 01777 710444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a pupil and would like to raise money for the Hospice here our some tips on making the event you are planning run smoothly:
- Make sure you have plenty of time to organise your event.
- Make a timetable of actions and jobs you need to do before the big day.
- Never take on too much work, and accept any offers of help you can, remember you have to do your school work too!
- Above all have fun!
Other ways pupils can help the hospice are by:
- Collecting used postage stamps and bringing them to one of our shops.
- Bringing any old clothes that no longer fit you into one of our shops or arranging a collection at your school
- Help out at some of our events
For some ideas on fundraising activities you might like to do see our Fundraising Ideas Leaflet.