Role/ Title: General Maintenance Person
Hours: 16 hours per week
Reports to: Charity Operations Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide efficient and effective caretaking support to the Hospice including ensuring the security and general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
· To undertake minor items of repair and maintenance, including the minor repair of fixtures and fittings in and around the hospice.
· To complete once weekly checks around the Hospice including flushing through, temperature checks and fire alarm testing.
· To undertake minor items of repair and maintenance, including the minor repair of fixtures and fittings in our Worksop and Retford charity shops.
· To deal with minor repairs where necessary as instructed by the Charity Operations Manager
· Responsible for the arrangement of PAT testing and maintenance of all electrical equipment on site and within the charity shops
· Regularly check external areas for any potential danger to people on site.
· Undertake maintenance of our Hospice gardens and pond
· Daily litter picks, sweeping of hard surfaces, attending to planters
· Support with other cleaning duties as and when required.
· Support with stock movements between our Retford and Worksop shops
- Competent at basic building repairs and maintenance. Able to regularly handle/carry items.
- Use of small industrial/electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions, including COSHH regulations and an awareness of health and hygiene procedures.
- Literacy and Numeracy skills sufficient to check delivery notes, measurements etc.
- Due to the nature of the role the post holder will be required to hold a full driving license with access to a vehicle
At certain points of the day the post holder will be expected to undertake bending, lifting and stretching in the course of their duties, for example: minor maintenance work, remedial painting and decorating, repairs to fixing, receiving deliveries of goods and equipment, setting out and putting away furniture.
Due to the nature of the post there will be an expectation that the post holder will be exposed to dirt and dust which on occasions, for example adverse weather conditions, may be higher than normal.
NB: This job description is intended to give the post-holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and the range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken. It does not attempt to cover every activity.
Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post-holder at regular intervals. The post-holder will be required, to perform any other reasonable task as requested by the Charity Operations Manager, in order to meet the operational needs of the hospice
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to us here at Bassetlaw Hospice, North Road, Retford, DN22 7XF.
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Application deadline: 26/10/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £9.00 per hour