MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The primary purpose of this role is to be the face of the hospice and to support the Retail Coordinator and volunteers. This income helps us to deliver the hospice services for our patients and to support the community we serve. Alongside that, our shops bring huge value to our local community, support countless volunteers and helps to boost our local high street. Our shops run on donated items only and it is vital to build and maintain relationships within our local community.
Duties and responsibilities
- Dealing with customers
- Assisting to manage donations and stock levels
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation including health and safety standards
- Window dressing and shop presentation
- Actively promote Gift Aid on donations and support volunteers to sign up as many donors as possible.
- Working across the two Bassetlaw Hospice Charity shops in Worksop and Retford
- Working closely with the charity team to achieve the best outcome for the shops.
- Support with fashion shows at the hospice and within the community.
- Retail experience is essential
- Experience and knowledge of using EPOS systems is essential
- Experience of Gift Aid would be a great advantage
- Experience of working in a charity shop would be a great advantage
- Great communication skills
- Due to the nature of the role the post holder will be required to hold a full driving license with access to a vehicle
At certain points of the day the post holder will be expected to undertake bending, lifting and stretching in the course of their duties, for example: Stock transportation between shops, stock control and handling donations.
Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the Retail Coordinator at regular intervals. The Retail Coordinator will be required, to perform any other reasonable task as requested by the Charity Operations Manager, in order to meet the operational needs of the charity shops.
- 15 Hours per week – Flexible working
- Meets national minimum wage
- Permanent post - start date ASAP
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com